Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Fairytale Week - Tuesday - Goldilocks and the Three Bears


On to day two . . . . We read Goldilocks and the Three Bears and talked about it. The kids enjoyed acting out the story with props. We had some friends over, so we spent the majority of our morning doing free choice centers and playing outside. We combined our craft project with our learning activity today. First, we made three different bears and set them aside. Then, I read the story. We talked about the sizes of the bears and the number of bears (as well as the color). I let each child choose the color of paper they wanted for the background, and then we sat down at the table with our 3 bears each. I asked them to hold up the smallest, the largest, etc. We also took turns counting each person's bears, and sometimes I would remove one. We also talked about what color of paper they chose. Then, we glued our bears in order from smallest to biggest. They have been telling me all about their bears today. "This is baby bear, mama bear, Goldilocks ate all of baby bear's porridge, etc." Tomorrow, I am going to ask them if they want to tell me the story and show me the pictures in the book or use their size sequence picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment