Friday, January 22, 2010

Friday Fun! Penguin Craft for Kids

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, it's Friday. I love my job, but I always enjoy the weekend with my family. We have several soccer games this weekend, and I have a project in mind (after I finish my homework of course!). I am going to have hubby help me make a coffee table out of a vintage window my FIL bought me for Christmas a couple of years ago. I really hope the weather cooperate! Anyway, the craft!!! We made this adorable penguin craft today.

Supplies Needed:

Pattern piece (right click on the above pattern piece and save to your computer. open and print)

Black, white, orange, red and pink paper (I used red glitter paper for the ear muffs)

circle punches (1 inch and 1/2 inch)

pipecleaner

glue

hot glue and glue gun (optional if you want to use it for the pipe cleaner)

paint or watercolors (for the scarf)

Cut out the pattern pieces, and then cut out a scarf by cutting a 1.5 inch strip across your 8 inch paper (you will trim later). Cut another piece about 2.5 by 1.5. Have your child paint stripes (or whatever they want) on the scarf pieces and set aside to dry. While that is drying, glue the penguin pieces onto a sheet of white construction paper or cardstock. Glue the pipecleaner from earmuff to earmuff (trimming as necessary). Glue the long scarf piece across the neck area and trim as needed. Glue the smaller piece hanging down from the long piece. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment